Terms & Conditions
- Application of these Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are incorporated into any contract between a printer and customer for the supply of goods and/or services by the printer to the customer.
In these Terms and Conditions:
“Additional Work” includes all work undertaken by the printer as a consequence of the customer’s variation, alteration or modification of its instructions in relation to the Order;
“Business Day” means a day on which banks are open for general banking business in the State or Territory in which the printer’s premises are located; “Estimate” means the estimate referred to in sub-clause 2.1(b) (as amended in accordance with clause 2.4); “Freight Costs and Charge” includes all costs and expenses incurred by the printer in removing the Goods from its premises, whether by way of actual or attempted delivery to the customer or otherwise; “Goods” means all present and after acquired goods produced by the printer under an Order;
“GST” means Goods and Services Tax as defined in A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth);
“Interest Rate” means a rate2% higher than the Cash Target Rate as fixed by the Reserve Bank of Australia;
“Order” means the work required to be done in order to fulfil the customer’s instructions;
“Preliminary Work” means any and all work performed by the printer at the customer’s express or implied request, the performance of which work was necessary to enable the Order to be commenced and which work was not within the reasonable contemplation of the printer at the time when the printer supplied the Estimate;
“Printer’s Charge” refers in each case to the standard or usual fee charged by the printer from time to time in respect of the Order; “Quote” means the quote described in clause 2.1.
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a clause is a reference to a clause of these Terms and Conditions;
- a reference to a party to these Terms and Conditions or any other document or arrangement includes that party’s executors, administrators, successors and permitted assigns;
- where an expression is defined, another part of speech or grammatical form of that expression has a corresponding meaning;
- a reference to a period of time (including, without limitation, a year, a quarter, a month and a day) is to a calendar period.
In these Terms and Conditions, headings are for convenient reference only and do not affect interpretation.
- Business Day
If the day on which any act, matter or thing is to be done under this agreement is not a Business Day, that act, matter or thing:
- if it involves a payment other than a payment which is due on demand, must be done on the preceding Business Day; and
- in all other cases, may be done on the next Business Day.
- Printer to supply quote
The printer may if, requested by the Customer, give the customer a quote specifying:
- the work required to be done in order to fulfil the customer’s instructions; and an estimate of the printer’s charge for the performance of such work.
- Acceptance by customer
Where the printer has given the customer a Quote:
- The printer need not commence work until the Quote has been accepted by the customer.
- The customer may accept the Quote by instructing (orally or in writing) the printer to commence work.
- Acceptance by the customer of the Quote, whether express or implied, will constitute acceptance by the customer of these Terms and Conditions.
- Quote evidence of instructions
If the Quote is accepted by the customer, the subject of the quote (the work) shall be carried out and the customer shall pay for the work in accordance with the Quote and these Terms and Conditions.
- Printer may revise Estimate
The printer may amend the Estimate before the Order has been completed to take into account any rise or fall in the cost of performing the Order and the printer shall notify the customer of such amendment as soon as practicable thereafter. Upon the printer giving the customer notification of such amendment such amended estimate shall be and be deemed to be the Estimate for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions.
Subject to clause 5.3, when the Order has been completed, the printer will issue an invoice to the customer for the amount of the Estimate or, if no Estimate was made, for an amount representing the Printer’s Charge for the work done in filling the Order, and for any of the other charges specified in clause 3.2.
- Additional Charges
In addition to the amount of the Estimate, or where no Estimate was given, in addition to the amount representing the Printer’s Charge for the work done, the printer may charge to the customer:
- fees for any preliminary work performed at the customer’s request;
- fees for additional work required to be done as a result of the customer changing his, her or its instructions;
- fees for having to work from poor copy;
- fees for work which involves tables or foreign language and which was not notified to the printer before the Quote was prepared;
- fees for additional work required to be done as a result of author’s corrections, including repagination or reformatting;
- fees and other charges for work required to be done urgently, including any overtime costs;
- fees for handling or storing material or equipment supplied by the customer for the purposes of the Order;
- fees for changing or correcting, in order to ensure that the Goods are properly produced, any plates, film, bromides, artwork or any document including computer files supplied for the purposes of the Order by the customer;
- freight costs and charges;
- other charges, fees or disbursements referred to in these Terms and Conditions and not specified in this clause.
- Under/Over supplies
- The customer acknowledges that whilst the printer will make every endeavour to produce the exact number of items in the Order, owing to human and/or machine/computer error the number of items actually produced may be 10% over or under the number specified in the Order (“a discrepancy”).
- Where a discrepancy occurs the printer will adjust the amount charged to the customer for the Order a pro rata amount to reflect the actual number of items produced.”
The printer shall notify the customer when the Goods are ready for collection.
The customer must collect the Goods from the printer’s premises upon being notified by the printer that the Goods are ready for collection. If the printer agrees to deliver the Goods the customer shall bear all freight costs and charges of such delivery.
Subject to clause 7.1 the customer may only reject the Goods if they do not comply with the customer’s instructions. If the customer wishes to reject the Goods, the customer must notify the printer of the rejection:
- if the printer agrees to deliver the Goods to the customer’s premises –within 7 days of delivery (or such other time as is mutually agreed);
- otherwise - within 7 days of notification that the Goods are ready for collection (or such other time as is mutually agreed).
The risk in the Goods passes to the customer:
- if the printer delivers the Goods to the customer’s premises - at the time of delivery;
- otherwise - at the time the printer notifies the customer that the Goods are ready for collection.
If the customer is entitled to reject the Goods and rejects the Goods in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, risk reverts to the printer at the time the customer notifies the printer that the Goods are rejected.
- Time for payment
The customer must, within 14 days of the customer receiving the printer’s invoice, pay to the printer the total amount set out in the invoice.
- Method of payment
Payment for the Order is to be made by the customer by cash, cheque credit or any other form of payment as agreed by the printer and the customer. Unless otherwise stated, all payment shall be in Australian Dollars.
The printer may charge interest at the Interest Rate on amounts not paid within the time specified in clause 5.1.
- Advance and progress payments
- The printer may issue an invoice for the amount of the Estimate before commencing the Order where the printer has not previously carried out work for the customer or where the printer considers it otherwise prudent to do so;
- The printer may, in the event that the printer is of the view that completing the Order will take more than a month, at any time before the Order is completed, issue one or more invoices for a proportion of the amount of the Estimate (the proportion to be at the printer’s discretion) and require that proportion of the Estimate to be paid in advance of any further work being done.
- If the Order is suspended for more than 30 days at the request of the customer or as a result of something for which the customer is responsible, the printer may issue an invoice for a particular sum (to be specified by the printer) for the work already done and for other costs incurred by the printer (such as storage costs).
The customer must pay to the printer any costs, expenses or losses incurred by the printer as a result of the customer’s failure to pay to the printer all sums outstanding from the customer to the printer (including, without limiting the generality of the obligation set out in this clause, any debt collection and legal costs).
- Retention of title
- Until the customer has paid all amounts outstanding in relation to the Goods and any other goods supplied by the printer to the customer, title and property in the Goods shall not pass from the printer to the customer. If the Goods are in the customer’s possession, the customer shall hold the Goods as trustee for the printer and must store the Goods so that they are clearly identifiable as the property of the printer.
- The printer may call for and recover possession of the Goods (for which purposes the printer’s employees or agents may enter the customer’s premises and take possession of the Goods without liability to the customer) and the customer must deliver the Goods to the printer if so directed by the printer.
- The customer may, in the ordinary course of the customer’s business, sell the Goods to a third party but:
- the proceeds of sale to the third party shall be held by the customer as trustee for the printer and the customer shall account to the printer for those sums; and
- if the printer requires, the customer shall assign to the printer the customer’s claim against the third party and shall execute all documents necessary to effect that assignment.
- General lien
The printer shall, in respect of all sums owed by the customer to the printer hereunder, have a general lien on all property of the customer in the printer’s possession and may, after 14 days’ notice to the customer, sell that property and apply the proceeds (net of any sale costs) in satisfaction of all or any part of the sums owed. In the event that any of the customer’s property held by the printer as aforesaid enjoys copyright protection in favour of the customer, the customer hereby grants to the printer a licence to exercise the rights conferred on the printer under this clause.
If the printer submits to the customer a proof of the Goods the printer will not be responsible for any errors in the Goods which appeared in the proof and which were not corrected by the customer before the Order was completed.
- Non-excludable Rights
The parties acknowledge that, under applicable State and Commonwealth law, certain conditions and warranties may be implied in these Terms and Conditions and there are rights and remedies conferred on the customer in relation to the provision of the Goods or of services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement (“Non-excludable Rights”).
- Disclaimer of Liability
The printer disclaims all conditions and warranties expressed or implied, and all rights and remedies conferred on the customer, by statute, the common law, equity, trade, custom or usage or otherwise and all those conditions and warranties and all those rights and remedies are excluded other than any Non-excludable Rights. To the extent permitted by law, the liability of the printer for a breach of a Non-excludable Right is limited, at the printer’s option, to the supplying of the Goods and/or any services again or payment of the cost of having the Goods and/or any services supplied again.
- Indirect losses
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, the printer is in no circumstance (whatever the cause) liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise to compensate the customer for:
- any increased costs or expenses;
- any loss of profit, revenue, business, contracts or anticipated savings;
- any loss or expense resulting from a claim by a third party; or
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever caused by the printer’s failure to complete or delay in completing the Order or to deliver the Goods.
- Electronic data
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing clauses, the printer will not be liable to the customer for loss, however caused, of any data stored on disks, tapes, compact disks or other media supplied by the customer to the printer.
- Customer’s property
Subject to clause 7.5, the printer will not be liable for the damage, loss or destruction of any property of the customer in the printer’s possession unless the loss or damage is due to the failure of the printer to exercise due care and skill in handling or storing the property.
The details that we collect about you are used to help us provide the best level of service for you, our visitor.
The details we collect from you are strictly confidential. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease the addresses stored in our database to any third parties.
We may use your details to send you out information, which you may find of interest. If you do not wish to receive any of this material you may simply return the correspondence and no further material will be sent to you
All of the information enclosed on this website is accurate at the time of publishing, but may, at any time, be altered.
The information published on this website is intended to provide general information in summary form. Users should make their own judgments and/or seek independent advice when evaluating the accuracy and usefulness of the information provided on this website.
You assume all risks associated with the use of the website including risk of computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which may be transmitted via the website or your access to it and the risk that the content of this website complies with laws of any country outside Australia.
The material on this website is protected by copyright. You may download, print and display material from this site only for your personal and non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
When using any Services provided via the Print For You Website, You may elect to upload or otherwise submit materials to the site (collectively, "Materials"). Print For You does not supervise the uploading of any User-provided Materials to this site, although it reserves the right to do so.
You agree, represent and warrant that in using the Services, You will not upload, submit or otherwise transmit to Print For You:
- Materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or which invade another person's privacy or further the commission or concealment of a crime;
- Materials that are not lawfully Yours to transmit;
- Materials that are the subject of, or which infringe upon, any patent, trademark, trade name, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, moral right or other intellectual property right of another person or entity;
- Materials containing software viruses or other harmful computer code; or Materials that in any way interfere with or disrupt the Services or any servers or networks connected to or used with the Services (any of the foregoing, "Unauthorised Materials").
Print For You takes no ownership in any Materials uploaded through this website, except Print For You retains its rights in and to the Content that is present on the site or that may be created and/or supplied by or for Print For You.
You also warrant and confirm that You own the copyright or have permission to copy any documents or Materials You submit online for printing or processing, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold Print For You, its parent and its parent's subsidiary companies and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, harmless from any suit, demand, or claim arising out of any breach of this warranty and agree to pay any judgment or reasonable settlement offer resulting from any such suit, demand or claim, and to pay any attorney s fees incurred by Print For You in defending against such suit, demand or claim.